There’s something about a cape and the thought of magical super powers that never goes out of style for a birthday party. Regardless of which superhero your birthday boy/girl is currently in love with, indulge their inner “hero” and throw them a superhero theme party to show them how special they really are. After all, superheroes exhibit unique skills, wear colorful costumes and save the world with great regularity. It’s the perfect triad for a birthday party that’s easy to plan and even easier for your guests to remember in the months that follow. This theme’s a sure shot winner because it appeals to both boys and girls, and a range of ages.
Recommended age group:
Time: 2 – 3 hours
Planning & Invitations
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Superhero party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins, and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your Superhero party:
Comic books which are kid-friendly like Superman, Batman, Spider-man, X-men, Iron man, Hulk, or Wonder Woman.
Superhero costumes, masks or capes.
Superhero cartoons to play in the background
Music scores from superhero movies
Superhero action figures or toys tied to balloons.
Superhero Party Invitations
Have fun when capturing the world of superheroes when creating your invitations. Simply mail a cape and mask along with your invitations. Not only will it grab potential attendees’ attention, but they can also wear the cape and mask to the party. Design a custom card by pasting the Superhero logo and the party information.
Party Theme Decorations
- Stick large pieces of paper on the wall with a city skyline background printed on it. Then have the kids pose against the wall and take photos. Voila! Your own digital photo booth party decoration.
- Make decorations from comic book pages and hang around the walls.
- Create ‘wanted’ posters with photos of your superhero’s villains, such as The Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman, Kryptonite etc.
- Hang a sign on the front door that says, “Welcome to Metropolis” or “Welcome to Gotham City” or wherever your favorite superhero lives.
- Tie balloons near the entrance of the party venue according to your superhero’s color scheme to alert guests of your party location.
- Take a picture of your child in their superhero costume and have a local bakery use digital technology to turn the picture into icing and lay it over your child’s favorite cake flavor.
Superhero Party Food
Apart from the usual snacks or finger food being served on birthdays you can give your food servings a theme too. You can serve cookies and cupcakes with the icing shaped as lightning bolts, bats or diamonds and decorate it according to the color scheme of the superhero you pick. Get the birthday cake in the shape of your child’s favorite superhero’s emblem.
Superhero Party Favor Ideas
Thank your guests with super party favors! Some of the favors include:
- Superhero stickers
- Superhero capes
- Superhero temporary tattoos
- Fun-shaped candy and lollipops