May is fast approaching and it’s the start of the summer season. It’s that time of the year when you feel like lazing at home to escape from the irritable heat outside. Water and cool fruits is what you body needs and craves for to minimize your body temperature. So while you enjoy your sweet time at home, allow us to suggest you a recipe which will keep you cool and happy this summer season.
This is also the best time of the year to treat yourself and your family with best of berry fruits – Strawberry. Besides being sweet and juicy, strawberries also help in reducing bad cholesterol and are abundant with vitamins. Strawberries are seasonal, so this time of the year we can find a lot of restaurants in Mumbai serving strawberry based desserts and ice-creams. The food joint Bachelors at Chowpatty serves one of the best Strawberry milk shakes in the city.
For the folks who want a taste of strawberry based desert made at home, we present to you a very easy and simple recipe to make Strawberry Trifle.
- Whipped cream
- Custard (depending on servings)
- Cake slices (readymade will also do)
How to make:
- Slice the cake into shape of your choice. The smaller it is the better.
- Apply some jam on the cut slices of cake.
- Sprinkle some sugar over the strawberries in a bowl.
- Divide the cake between a few glasses (depends on serving).
- Put in a layer of custard to partially fill the glasses.
- Now the sliced strawberries can be put inside and a layer of cream over this should do the trick!
- Decorate with strawberries.
There you are all done with your very own home made Strawberry Trifle and now it’s time to invite your family and friends to enjoy your home made Strawberry Trifle. Try it out and don’t forget to share your experiences with us on our blog. Happy Cooking 🙂